Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ugh, cleaning....

Every Saturday morning growing up, my mom would blast some old school Salsa music and get my sister, my brother, and myself up for our weekly deep cleaning session. We would all eat a nice big breakfast and set to work cleaning the house room to room systematically.

She taught me a lot about cleaning and tried to instill a sunny morning disposition in me. I can't say it was a rousing success but I will say that I appreciate it.

In honor of my mother's cleanly habit forming teachings I wanted to make a super neat blog chock full of useful household crochet patterns and cleaning and cooking tips.

Here's a poppy granny square design that would make an awesome dishcloth or hot pad!



http://colourinasimplelife.blogspot.com/2012/06/granny-bobble-spiral.html

If you want an even intricate design, this hot pad from Naztazia,com could be just what you're looking for:  (requires Ravelry.com account)




http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/weaved-hotpad


Every one could use some coasters. Try some neon colors for summer or pumpkin spice and burnt umber for the upcoming fall season:



If you're looking to purchase some sweet coasters instead, check these out for your wine glasses!






COOKING:


Crockpot Strawbery Jam!
2 lbs of strawberries all cut up 
4 cups white sugar 

1/4 cup lemon juice 
(I think to keep them looking red)

 Crockpot, high setting, 2-4 hours depending on size of strawberries.

Gotta love Jello!



For a much quicker and more chocolatey snack, check out this microwave delight:


Cleaning:

Want to save money on fabric freshner? Check this out:

What you need:
  • 1/8 cup of your favorite fabric softener
  • 2 Tbsp baking soda
  • hot water
  • spray bottle (32 oz)

What you do:Add fabric softener and baking soda to spray bottle. Fill the rest of the bottle with hot water. Shake it all up. Use as you would Febreeze.


I hope you liked all these useful hints and tips and as always, thank you for reading.

Love,
Mery Ann





No comments:

Post a Comment