Thursday, July 5, 2012

Combining Two Loves to make EPICOSITY

Once I began playing Minecraft, it quickly became a time consuming obsession. I enjoy being able to create with all of my imagination and this game definitely gives you plenty of room to build your dreams.

I normally move from one new obsession to the next, sometimes abandoning the last hobby for a new one but this time around I wanted to combine these two and create a Minecraft inspired crocheted item. Beanies are my specialty, so to speak, and so naturally I wanted to make a creeper beanie.

A creeper is a cubed, pixelated monster from the Minecraft. It's so scary! When you're playing and the game's sky rolls into night time, these creepers come out and sneak up on you. The only warning is a hissing sound followed closely by a .....POW!!!!!LARGE BOOM!!! and they blow you away.

They're always good for a scare and a laugh! That's why they are beloved and hated equally by all Minecrafters.

I created this beanie:


I played around with some felt and polyfill and made this adorable matching key chain that looks like the dirt blocks from the game. It's about 1 inch cubed.

They are for sale as a set at my etsy.com shop and I wanted to showcase it and some of the other AWESOME Minecraft inspired gear my fellow Etsy shops have for sale so I made a Treasury List.

A Treasury List is a collection of items for sale centered usually around a specific theme. For example, let's say you want to make a list of all of your favorite pink shawls you've found around etsy, or wedding dresses, or in this case, Minecraft EPICOSITY!

Here's a link to the Treasury List I made called Minecraft Mania:


*This picture belongs to ArtbyMark of http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtByMark?ref=seller_info


I'd have to say my absolute favorite is a square cake shaped kitty pillow with cat nip! Look how stinkin' cute!


I definitely want to make more Minecraft inspired gear. Maybe some felt goodies like hair clips and jewelry. Do you have any suggestions?

I wanted to include free patterns for something geek and awesome that you could create for yourself or maybe a smaller person you know so here it is!

This picture of Link amigurumi and the pattern are the sole property of "Becchin" as mentioned in the pattern translation page. Please click on the link to view the pattern and enjoy!




If you and/or your kids LOVE Super Mario as much as I do, you'll definitely appreciate this free crochet pattern directory for ALL things Mario!



Well friends, that's all for now. Thanks for reading <3

Love,
Mery Ann








No comments:

Post a Comment