Saturday, July 21, 2012

**Christmas in July**

I've had the idea to make a blog post about Christmas in July and today feels just right for it. I love Christmas!


I'm doing it as a pick me up mostly because lately I've been feeling down and in pain. I went to the hospital to check a painful lump in my right breast and they referred me to Libby's Legacy Breast Foundation in downtown Orlando on Orange Ave. for a free mammogram.


If you're a woman, please get yourself checked. Its better to be safe than sorry.


 If you have no health insurance and you live in Orlando, you can call and set up an appointment with Libby's Legacy here 


1718 South Orange Ave
Orlando FL 32806
(407)898-8991


If you would like more information on where to get free screenings in your area, please check out this site:


http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/dcpc_Programs/default.aspx?NPID=1


I'm hoping the lump in my breast is just fibrous and swollen due to fluctuating hormones but I'm going to get it checked either way.


Now that you know why I need a pick-me-up, let's get on to the good stuff...recipes, patterns, and ideas!


RECIPES

Here's a fun one for "Lumps of Coal". Use a regular rice krispies treat recipe from this site:


and add black food coloring! Look how cool it looks!

There are some great Christmas snack recipes at the Pilsbury site too! Check out these Santa Crackers



DECORATION

Check out this pipe cleaner Christmas Tree from Martha Stewart:



TOY IDEAS

Make some CLOUD DOUGH and put it in a decorative container to play with the kids! All you need 8 cups of flour and 1 cup of baby oil. It feels like flour but you can mold it!



PATTERNS

Here's an idea for crochet Christmas trees for a garland or ornaments.




Here's another garland idea, Christmas Lights!
This one is a Ravelry.com Download. You need to be a member of the site to download the free pattern**



These are so cute! Here are some more traditional ornaments.




That's all for now friends. Stay tuned for more stuff.

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Mery Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment