Thursday, August 9, 2012

Mod Podge Wonders!


I don't know about you guys, but I'm a Pinterest fanatic. The funny thing is, I'm pretty damn lazy...and usually strapped for bucks so as much as I want to DIY the crap out of everything, I never actually get around to creating those awesome crafts. I first heard about Mod Podge when I started pinning and pretty much every one kept saying how expensive it was. In some cases it can be up to 8 dollars a bottle. I don't know about you but eight bucks is a lot at my house. 



When I saw all the cool things you can do with it, I really wanted to try it. I'm especially interested in the yarn related crafts that float around Pinterest. As a result, I went on a search for the makings of this wondrous device. As it turns out, it's a lot simpler than I thought it would be. I wanted to share it with you, so here's the recipe:

Mod Podge in a Pint Jar (matte)

Fill jar half way up with white glue (like Elmers)
Then fill jar up with water.
Shake Well.

This is a 50-50 mixture glue/water.

It will have a Matte finish.
If you would like a Glossy finish, add 1 TBS of clear varnish.
Shake it!

Now that you know how to make it, check out this amazing blog on how to use Mod Podge for fun crafty projects 


That's all for now friends but let me know if you liked this info and share any and all crafts you make from it. I'd love to see what you come up with. :)

Thanks for reading.
Love,
Mery Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment