Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Mrs. Parker reporting for duty!

***Calvin's Hats Donation Update! The $28.20 that we raised last month has been donated today! Thank you so much to all of you for your support. You guys make my heart soar!***


Welp, I did it! I got married to my soulmate and I have to tell you, I've never been happier in my whole life. It seems surreal and at the same time, not a lot has changed. :)

We're not having a honeymoon but it feels like we've fallen in love all over again like it was the first time. I'm just thrilled to the bone to be with my husband and share the rest of my life with him. This week has been eventful to say the least.

First and foremost, the wedding was just great. It was really small and quiet but with my anxiety being what it is, that was pretty much ideal. I was hanging onto walls and shaking like a leaf walking through the crowd of people at the security stop in the courthouse entrance. The ceremony waiting room was small and mostly empty so I had time to calm down. My guests were my sister, mother, niece, the best man, and the best man's mom. The colors were ivory and dark purple and my dress was a pretty lace vintage style dress from Sealed With A Kiss. I only have one picture from the ceremony so far but I wanted to share it with you guys.

Mr. and Mrs. Parker <3


In the beginning of November, George and I went through a serious hardship when I miscarried. That was the first confirmed pregnancy I've ever had and I want a baby more than anything in this world. It was really hard on both of us but in true form, we carried on loving and supporting each other through it. Hopefully this time next year we will be ready to try again.

George has decided to join the Army National Guard and we are waiting on one more test and physical to find out when he can go to boot camp. I'm nervous about him being gone for so long because I am insanely co-dependent on him. I don't feel like me without him around but I know I can cope and he'll only be gone a few months. I'm ready for him to be able to start his career and I know he is too so that's a good thing. 

The thing I'm looking forward to now is getting this weight off. I've worked hard to be healthy for many years now and my doctor was beaming at my lab results. "You could not be any healthier than you are now," she said beaming at me. I beamed right back! :)

The amount of weight on my body does present some other health issues that I'm eager to get rid of like ovarian cysts and severe sleep apnea. I have decided to take a huge step in my road to a healthier body and my doctor has agreed with my decision whole heartedly. I don't want to say what steps I'm taking until I know for sure which road I'll be taking but I'll keep you guys posted. 

Firstly, I have to go in for another sleep study to get fitted for a sleep apnea mask and breathing machine tomorrow night. I'm beside myself thinking of what a good nights sleep is going to feel like. It's been years and lately I can't get more than a couple of hours in before I wake up choking and aching so I'm ready for this change to happen sooner rather than later. 

I hope that if you are reading this and you have medical issues that sometimes worry you, you take any necessary steps to get better. All my life I've been the kind of person to blow things out of proportion in my mind. A head ache turns into me thinking I have a tumor in my brain, a rash turns into me thinking I have lime disease and so on. You would think with all that worrying that I would be at the doctor's constantly checking that I'm going to be ok but instead I would avoid the doctors like the plague and just worry myself sick about my ailments. 

I'm very lucky that I never got seriously ill but I don't want you to wait until 30 to realize that its better to start taking care of yourself from as early on as possible. It's true that no one is going to take care of you but you, but it's also true that no one can take care of you better, so hop to it. :)

That's all I have for you this post but here are some pics of the things I DIY-ed for the wedding. :)



Thanks for reading!
Love,
Mery Ann 


No comments:

Post a Comment